• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar tps

Unclewolverine

NAXJA Forum User
We have had flash flooding here lately and I think I've fried yet another cheap Chinese tps. I went to look for a mopar tps and I can't find one! All I see are for 97+, nothing for my 95. One site said they were discontinued. Anybody see them anywhere?

Your asking for a lot, I can barely find Mopar parts for my 2k these days! It might be possible but you'll need to know all the part numbers that will interchange and then do some serious searching.

All I know is every time someone mentions a sensor problem everyone says you have to get the mopar sensor, well apparently they don't exist any more!

Does the newer sensor read the same? I could splice on the newer pigtail easy enough.

Also, where can you get an analog multi meter anymore? I would like to properly test the tps readout but you can't do that very well with a digital one, and i checked lowes, autozone, and harbor crap; no one even knew where I could get a new analog mm.

My parts guide say there are 2.

Part number 56026921

Part number 56027865 - XJ with sales code XCY. I think these are for later production '96 XJ

Having said that I been using NTK or Standard Products in my Renix lately. The CPS I've been running for about 10 years came from Autozone.

Edit: opps I got confused too. The part numbers I post earlier are for the cps not tps. I have a cheap tps on mine. When I wash off the engine, I disconnect the iac and tps harnesses and cover them with a ziplock bag to keep water out. Then a blast with my air hose to blow off excess water before I uncover and reconnect.

Last edited:
Changed it out again. Like last time all the issues cleared up. It is a standard brand sensor, made in Mexico. I didnt remember what brand oriellys had given me. This time i smeared some right stuff on the mating surface and the seam all along the back. If it can seal my oil pan and valve cover, surly it can keep some moisture out of a sensor. It will be a severe pain if I ever have to pull it again though!

Back