• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ax15 swap

DansGreyMj

NAXJA Forum User
what year ax15s will bolt straight up adn what parts do i need

I don't know the exact span of compatible years, but I used one out of a '96 in my '88. Be sure to take all the linkage parts, by blending the old and the new you can get the T-case to shift in and out just like new. Get the exhaust mounting bracket, again, I used some from the old and some new for my exhaust brackets. And lastly, pull the master cylinder to the slave and all of the plastic tubing. I didn't want to go through the hassle with fitting in the new master cylinder so I had a new line made out of braided stainless. It fits the old master cylinder and they attached a pin style adapter on the slave end to fit the new style slave cylinder. I much prefer the braided stainless over the new style plastic hose. It lasts and it doesn't melt through around the exhaust sys.

This the the tech article I used the most when I did my conversion. Good Luck

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/convtrans/ax15swap.html

Woody

maybe when i move ill look for a donor cuz it sounds like a lot of parts to remember at the yard

Back