• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension issues

JoeyBottles

NAXJA Forum User
Im having an issue with my suspension. My tierod keeps hitting/rubbing my sway bar link bracket. I have sway bars discoed right now. Is this commo when sway bars are disconnected. I have the zj tie rod, and a rusty's 3.5" lift. All the suspension componets look good and tight. my driverside tire is at an angle at full lock. Ball joints look good, no play. Could an alignment solve this, im thinking the tie rod slipped out of the adjustment sleeve?

Caster adjustments are generally done by installing or removing shims from behind the lower control arm slider bracket or in extreme cases with the installation of positive degree ball joints.
If you have never done any kind of steering adjustments; you probably should have a friend that is experienced do it or take the Jeep to a GOOD alignment shop.

you need adjustable uppers and lower control arms to do it.

Post up some pics and maybe we can see something that is out of the ordinary that you might miss

Back