• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanted to show off my hard work

xjtoday

NAXJA Forum User

I hope these pics work. This is what I started with, a friend of mine (now) built it and was a very capable rig. Relocated gas tank, s 10 springs, drop shackle relocation, larger front springs, 35's, beadlocks and few other things

I cut out the rockers and few inches up doors

framing

plated! ( notice pita flush bolts)

first test run

I didn't have anything to do since that was done and I chopped the top!

A month of solid work and we have some dovetail boxes ( I think I invented them:dunce:)

Here we sit doing the front. Thanks for looking! I know most your guy's xjs, been staring at your pics for monthes. Thanks for the info and help getting this done

Impressive! I like the tool box idea!

This is how I got the idea, I had 2 of these out in my work van, they are adrian steel boxes. Anyone seen this done? Id like to coin it dovetail boxes or maybe dovetooled if not! Is there a badass upgrade registry i can log this in? I came up with the idea of the boatsides that my cage can mount into the top on my own and then found out it had a name and has been done lots. i checked out all the pics on here and did it. so I'd like to create my own upgrade now!

I'm a painter and we don't work much this time of year. I've been in my garage working all day long since november.

I find that my cab looks tall and kinda dorky/old now with the shortened sides. I was thinking about chopping the top 2 in or maybe just removing the domed roof part above the gutter and running a 4 in. Sheet of plate around (angled toward gutter a bit) and doing a soft top or both... I'm sick I think

Pchitti, it's a whole new world if you have the means to transport or can get it figured out! I just plan on breaking it and then limp or tow it to the trailor. You can do so much more. And thank the rest of you for the compliments. Make my lost few monthes worth it. It might not see daylight or other humans besides me for a while so thanks for show and tell

It wouldn't stop overheating.... I started cutting and it felt so good! Now I'm having cutters remorse

Last edited:
20141209_210315_zpsf615c95c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I finally got my seats situated and I got some harnesses but, gotta wait till I start doing the cage to mount them

20150210_210256_zps86602543.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The rear is plated all the way back now, I tied it into where I stopped with the boat sides. It has all been grinded down shiny and welded again since I took these pics.

I'm ordering a aluminum dual core griffin radiator with dual 16" Spal fans on monday! It's going to be the tailgate:cool:

20150207_150122_zps657b73b6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I will be mounting an m 8000 under it in a bumper so, got my next month or 2 work planned out. I'm going to post a pic when I mock up the rad. I'm really exited to get it! Will post soon.

My radiator finally came today! Griffin radiators are really cool

I got it mocked up where I want it along with the winch! I'm looking forward to making a bumper. Still need to turn around the radiator and switch the shroud. This is the combo unit from griffin btw

Thanks guys!!!! My daughter says it looks like jet engines. It's gonna need jets to move all this steel around. I'm thinking ls1!

I made a little winch house today. Making a bumper is going to be tricky I think

what you guys think about my new lawn ornaments?

When you apply for jobs you list "ability to think outside the box" as a strength, don't you? But daaaaaang, then having the skills to make those thoughts into reality . . . that's really, really, really cool!

Back