• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird Noise

ZJeepX

NAXJA Forum User
when my car is ideling i can here a weird noise coming from the back. when i get out and get close to the rear bumper it sounds like air leaking from a tire with a hole in it. But my tires are fine and when i try to find where its coming from i cant find it, iv crawled under the car and everything. Its really bugging me. I know its not from my tires and im almost positive its not coming from my exhuast, what could it be?

its a 92 4.0 aw4 stock

I have a 93 and hear the same thing.

Thats just the nature of the beast. When I turn on the key I wait until the fuel pump has pressurized the line before cranking. This saves wear and tear on the starter, because the engine will not start without fuel and it takes fuel pressure to open the injectors. That leaking air noise is your friend. Don't try to make it go away. Embrace it and learn to live with it.

Back