• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM motor mounts for 4.0

88mj40

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased PN 52019278AD Mopar OEM mount from CarID not long ago for my 1988. I found the Anchor mounts were too soft, (trans actually would bounce around so much that it popped out of gear), and the aftermarket poly mounts were too hard, (horrible vibrations).
The 52019278ad came up as fitting a 1997 TJ, but looked and fit the same and solved my problems. I did have to drill the through bolt out to a slightly larger size. Most of the aftermarket suppliers, Brown Dog, Sinky Fab, ETC show the same PN for the XJ and TJ, so I'm assuming they just ship them with the larger hole.

The OEM trans mount is still available, Mopar 52002334, Plate-Transmission Mount
https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/part...~52002334.html
https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...&year=1997&submodel=&extra1=&extra2=&filter=()

Oops, I see that we aren't supposed to post links to external commercial sites. I do not see how to edit or remove this post? The OEM engine mount that I used was PN 52019278AD . Trans was 52002334. Can Admin remove the links above?

I would be surprised if anyone has an issue with your links, but giving the actual part number is certainly better. Lots of dead links to be found in old posts. Gets frustrating when you are trying to find the solution someone worked out.

The energy suspension poly inserts arent bad when paired with a rubber trans mount. With the SFR mount when cold out (below freezing) it does rumble like a diesel until things warm up in the engine bay or i start driving. Worth it for the stiffer, more stable feeling and longer life. May require tcase linkage adjustment after install…lack of slop made it more difficult to fully engage 4FT/keep it from popping into 4PT unless i go all the way down to 4lo then back up into the 4FT notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the Stinky Fab trans mount with their super soft bushing. It felt like the entire truck was going to rattle apart. It might be OK for a trail rig, but we take 2,000-3,000 mile trips in this old thing. It seems like the AT equipped rigs do better.

I tried the Stinky Fab trans mount with their super soft bushing. It felt like the entire truck was going to rattle apart. It might be OK for a trail rig, but we take 2,000-3,000 mile trips in this old thing. It seems like the AT equipped rigs do better.

Sounds like you have a manual trans?

Back