• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Lines for 8" lift

andrew2516

NAXJA Forum User
I've been thinking about going with Crown brake lines...but the longest I can see is 6" over stock...is that enough for 8" and LA's? Anyone have any other suggestions for brake lines?

The rear soft brakeline for a 94-01 Dodge Ram 1500 is 8" longer than stock if I remember correctly. I'm running it with a 4" lift and there is way more slack than I can use.

IMG_0204.jpg

I'm thinking 6" longer than stock should be fine. I know my stock lines were fine at 3" of lift and now at 5" they get pretty tight.

So i think 6" longer than stock with an 8" lift will hopefully be fine.

baseballneal86 said:
The rear soft brakeline for a 94-01 Dodge Ram 1500 is 8" longer than stock if I remember correctly. I'm running it with a 4" lift and there is way more slack than I can use.

probably a good cheap option.

personally I would say if you are upgrading go to a stainless line. its going to be more durable, plus it doesnt flex as much, err expand under pressure like rubber will.

That will create a more solid pedal feel and better braking performance overall. That mixed with using DOT5 brake fluid will drastically change the way your brakes feel. The DOT5 brake fluid is great, it just needs changed more often.

andrew2516 said:
I'm thinking 6" longer than stock should be fine. I know my stock lines were fine at 3" of lift and now at 5" they get pretty tight.

So i think 6" longer than stock with an 8" lift will hopefully be fine.

I would think that your brainwork is good on that. If you figure it, your stock did ok at 3 inches, add 6 more, should be ok to 9 inches.

if you want to get some nice flexible stainless lines give these guys a call. they are just around the corner from my house and have never done me wrong.

http://inlinetube.com/

Last edited:
baseballneal86 said:

IMG_0204.jpg

What is involved with getting that onto a cherokee? Is it a straight swap?

Power5 said:
What is involved with getting that onto a cherokee? Is it a straight swap?

It was a direct swap on my `95. The only difference besides the length is the angle at which the Dodge T-block is radiused to sit on the axle. You can see in the pic that the radius for the axle tube runs at a 45* angle to the brake line. On the XJ brake line, the radius runs perpendicular.

To correct this I simply ground a small radius into the brass T-block of the dodge brake line.

Hopefully this is clear enough.

Last edited:
Back