• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone going?

Well that was fun!!

Came in 4th in class and 9th OA....

Not bad for a 2 seat 1600 car and my debut as a driver!!!

My fastest lap was 1 hour 42 seconds..... That was on 3 cylinders too! But that sucks because that means I wasn't driving fast enough for the first 3 laps.

And that really sucks because we were out of 3rd place by 9-1/2 minutes.

It was a really rough course too.

AND I got to nerf and pass a class 1 car!! He was pissed! He got me back about 2 miles later. He must have been having problems because we saw him later on the side of the course.

60 cars entered, 26 finished. As I said it was rough... Can't wait till the next one....

And nerfing a 1 car
WOW

Yeah, it was pretty funny.... There was a truck stuck on the course about RM 7.5.

There was a race official waving people off the course and around. I went around but the 1 car didn't. So by the time I got back on the course he had passed me. I figured no big deal because he will be just a memory in no time. But at RM 8 things really turned ugly. Very tight, technical, a lot of up and down twisty stuff.

Before I knew it I was gaining on him because I was able to watch his rear and better judge what was coming up. Next thing I know I'm only a foot off his bumper so I gassed it and nerfed him.

He pulled over and I passed him. I was able to get about 2 miles ahead before he caught up and passed me again... But as I said, he must have already been having trouble because I saw him around RM 35 parked on the side of the course.

Still made me feel pretty good though!

Anyway, below is a link to a couple of good pics of us racing.

The first pic is Paul in his new Coyote 1-1600. The fourth pic is the car I drove for the second half of the race.

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66072

Last edited:
Back