• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrew rocker replacement

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Ted came to me for some sliders. So I started whipping him up a set 3/4ths of the way through he changed his mind, His rockers were toast. The next day he comes over and has cut out the rockers he wants to do the rocker replacement and ad tie ins. So this is where we are still have a lot of welding to do, but is all ready very stout.

We plated the frame with some 3/16th plate then used some 1 1/2 squar tubbing to tie the rocker in, we shaved the ends down so that later he can plate them and boat side it kinda
under.jpg

Alot of welding is required to put it all together
inside-1.jpg

Capped the front and tied the rear into the body(sorry no picture)
front.jpg

And the end results
results.jpg

I like it.

I thought about doing that to my White '99..... but I think about doing A LOT of things.. :gee:

How long did it take for you to cut the original rockers and weld up the new ones??

E

Not sure how long it took him to cut'em out, but its take'n frigg'n forever to weld the new ones in lol. A learning experience for me hopefully the other side goes faster.

You get those plates cut Ted?

I like it. need better pics from the side view tho...

Back