• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35 Gear Swap 307 w/LSD to 411 open?????

macs97XJ

NAXJA Member #1247
Hopefully some one can explain this to me. I started my gear swapping today, and I cracked open the YJ axles and it is an open diff.

My D35 now is running stock 307's with a limited slip.

The donor D35 axle is running 411's open.

I want to use the limited slip in the 411's vice running open.

What do I need in order to run the limited slip out of the 307 in the 411's?

Does this make any kind of sense?

Thanks

Mac

I don't think that is going to work, putting the LSD into the larger (3.73+) open carrier.

Yes, but I don't know if there is one that will accept your internals.

You might be money ahead to get a Ford 8.8 from a Mercury version of the Explorer, I think you would get the LSD and disk brakes and be a cheaper swap, even with an adapter kit for the spring and shock mounts.

Kinda what I was thinking. I will go ask our town XJ guru tomorrow. I'm guessing probably not. I will most likely go ahead with the 411 install and run open for now, and then build a stronger axle later on for a complete swap.

Thanks for you info, I appreciate it.

Mac

I would look again. This would be the first 3.07 LSD (from the factory anyway). I have seen. Most were 3.55 or better. If it is not factory check with the manufacture of the LSD with your question.

Back