• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

over the axle tracbar mount

89eliminator

NAXJA Forum User
i am going to be mounting my tracbar above the axle (building a new tracbar) and am looking for some ideas on how to build the mount. i've seen some companies that make the bracket, like jks, but i kind of want to see it welded to the axle to see exactly how it mounts.

anyone got any pics of what they did?

I used the JKS bracket and their DIY track-bar. They work great.
262siol.jpg

HPIM0220.jpg

HPIM0221.jpg

JKS OAB...and TNT Trackbar and mount. The bracket works good, but lots of cutting require for the tie rod to clear being over the knuckle. Wish I had a better pic for you.

Out of these after-market brackets, which ones are the "best" height for a WJ swap (meaning: which ones are same height as the drag link will mount)? I know JKS does a lot for the WJ swap but want to knwo if there are other perhaps cheaper options.

aside from being a cheapass, none of the offered aftermarket mounts had the right mounting hieght i wanted/needed so i made my own too.

fda902.jpg

r1d7h5.jpg

ff93tg.jpg

33mbvq0.jpg

5jzji1.jpg

im getting ready to buy the Balistic Fab offset one and im not sure what i should do for the frame side. do i need an off set frame mount or would a regular one like rustys or RE work?? thanks

I used the JKS bracket and their DIY track-bar. They work great.

X2 with WJ knuckles JKS fit very nice. Comes with two mounting holes. Use the upper hole for a stock pitman arm. Or if you use a 1 inch drop ZJ pitman arm use the lower hole. Vise versa if you mount your drag link under or over the knuckle.

Last edited:
I have the WJ swap and that is why I did the Ballistic fab bracket. Everything clears fine. The only reason I wonder if the JKS would have been better, is it moves the axle mount a bit farther to the passenger side, which allows you to keep the draglink and track bar length closer. My track bar is a bit shorter, so I get a bit of bumpsteer when it really flexes out (not noticable street driving though).

I also did a ballsitc fab track bar mount on the frame side. I had to fab it up to some flat plates. Now that I have my sway bar back on, the JKS discos touch the mount very slightly.
P1040616.jpg

If I did it over again, I would use a RE frame side tack bar mount pretty reasonable at ($80) or a TNT and use a Ballistic fab forged ballistic joint on that side (instead of the heim I have now) http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Forged-Chromoly-263quot-Ballistic-Joint_p_1636.html For me at least, that would work with the 3/4" threaded insert I have in the DOM tubing used for the track bar.

Last edited:
Back