• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering bind?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but couldn't find anything. When I take turns my steering kinda binds in one spot (it's like a specific area in the turn) where I'll commonly need both hands to force the steering wheel past the bind, where it seems to pop and be find again. It's almost like when you have a locker engaged and it skips, only my steering only does it once in any given turn until I come back. It usually happens going right on a sharp turn at speed, slow speeds and going right it USUALLY doesn't happen. But I can be sure it will always happen at speed going right.

Anyone have an idea? There's no obvious rubbing, I'm running an RE HD trackbar and bracket, ZJ tierod with the stock drag, steering stabalizer (older one that came on the rig), have 1 month old u-joints in the shafts too.

~Scott

Last edited:
Simple check here, not sure if you did it or not...

Make sure the TRE that meets the draglink isn't hitting the track bar bolt / bracket when you turn right. Common problem.

Just for kicks, what happens if that is the problem? I'm at work so can't look right this second, but I if I can fix it tonight I will (assuming that's the problem).

~Scott

Ok took a quick look, it doesn't appear to be hitting anything on the right side. It looks like the joint MIGHT be clipping the steering stabalizer a smidge, but it's a very small amount if that is infact the cause of the dent on it.

What other ideas might there be?
~Scott

Checked everything, no signs of anything coming in contact with the steering parts.

Could it be the box?

~Scott

Back