• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New OME HD leafs or shocks first?

Lone Star XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 3" lift with AALs in the rear. The rear has sagged about 1/2" and rides terrible. I am going to tow a camper this summer with sway control, load leveling hitch, brakes, etc. I want to replace the no name white shocks and rear leafs but can only do one at a time. Which should I do first?

Also, will the OME HD springs give me 3" or only the advertised 2"? If they will only yield 2", will their AAL bring the lift up to 3"?

I have a 3" lift with AALs in the rear. The rear has sagged about 1/2" and rides terrible. I am going to tow a camper this summer with sway control, load leveling hitch, brakes, etc. I want to replace the no name white shocks and rear leafs but can only do one at a time. Which should I do first?

Also, will the OME HD springs give me 3" or only the advertised 2"? If they will only yield 2", will their AAL bring the lift up to 3"?

With the AAL they will give you 3 thats how Dirk at DPG offroad explained it to me. I'd say replace your leafs first if you plan on towing a camper.

I spoke with Dirk today and he was really helpful. He said to go with the leafs first as well, but sugested the medium 5 leaf packs with the AAL. He said he liked them better than the HD 4 leaf packs with the overload spring. I didn't really understand why, but will double check with him before ordering. I have to do something soon. This think is beating the crap out me!

Back