• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Fog Light Problems

cfishman

NAXJA Forum User
My 2001 Sport came with factory fog lights. I put on a JCR bumper and retained the factory fog lights to the original wiring.
Yesterday I changed out the fog lights with some Walmart 55w driving lights. I had the driver side installed, turned them on to compare the old with the new(passenger to driver). I then installed the passenger side to the driving light, they turned on for about 1/2 sec., they shut off and unable to get them to come on.
Of course, with any trouble or research for my XJ, I ran a search here and got many answers. I pulled the fog light switch - it clicks, pulled the spring and is in good condition. Switched around the relays under the hood. Took off the driving lights and tested them with an old battery laying around, they work - bulbls good. Tested the factory fog light ends, no power. Im lost at this point. I still want to retain the legal high beam/driving light config. Fuse??? Which one??
When and if I do get this resolved, I will be installing a relay for the aftermarket driving lights utilizing the factory wiring for th switch for relay.
Help!

I would rewire this to avoid future issues. The stock wiring was tiny you should use a larger guage wire. www.autozone.com has the fuse diagrams you need.

Fuse #25, Under the hood, 15A blown, replaced and now have power to the fog wires.
Thanks for your quick reply MpSlayer!
Now to rewiring and putting in a relay....heat index of 105 today!

Back