• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Fest Permits ? Forest Pass

GlueNTape

NAXJA Forum User
I searched in the NWFest Forum and couldn't find it. What Passes need to be purchased for NW Fest?

WA OHV permit? NW forest Pass? Where is the best place, is there one on the way? The little Market a few miles away?

It say NW Forest pass in the feds web site. What gives?

NW Forest Pass is required @ Evans and some other areas, but not at Naches. Something to do with one being state land, other being federal land or something IIRC. I believe NAXJA MAY get hassled for a permit due to the size of the event, so that may be something to be considered for next year.

J

Hmmm.... To the best of my knowledge, a Northwest Forest Pass is required for any rig that will be parked overnight in the Naches/Manastash trail network, including campgrounds. Unless you know something I don't John, I'll call Mikki Douglass over at the Cle Elum station to confirm. We used to go round and round with this issue, finally settled on this interpretation:

Day Use: You don't need a pass to drive out, wheel for the day, and camp outside the trail system/official campgrounds.

Overnight use: You need a pass to park a vehicle(s) overnight on the trail system/ official campgrounds.

Tow rig: Only 1 (one) pass is required per user. Leave it in your tow rig that stays in camp, as the rangers can ticket any rig parked in an official campground without a NW Forest Pass.

So maybe what John is getting at is that Long Meadow (which I believe is the common name of the area we're camping at) is not an official campground, thus you are not subject to NW Forest Pass rules. I honestly don't know, but I'll give my ranger contact a call in a few hours and see what she thinks.

I talked to the Naches Ranger District about this and they confirmed that they were not necessary unless you were parked at specific trail heads (typically for hiking) or for launching a boat.

Not needed for what we are doing.

I have always had them, but I have never been asked to see one while I have been in the Naches area.

Michael

:D

Just got off the phone with the Naches ranger station, they confirmed that Long meadow is not considered an official campground (even though there is a concrete shathouse there) so no Forest Pass required. They are required where I have most often camped at Manastash Campground on the north side, it's a signed, posted campground, can be paid on a day-to-day basis or covered annually with a single Forest Pass.

It never hurts to ask. You can give me a noogie or a cookie when I see you next, Johnny. ;)

The only requirement I've heard about has to do with those in the Audio/Visual electronics field are obliged to provide organizational figureheads (Presidents for example) with various electronic entertainment products (Big ass projectors for example) in order to be included in the general tomfoolery and good times. I read that somewhere on the internet, so it has to be true.

Not if you have license plates.

Awesome, very cool. Just want to be sure.

The only requirement I've heard about has to do with those in the Audio/Visual electronics field are obliged to provide organizational figureheads (Presidents for example) with various electronic entertainment products (Big ass projectors for example) in order to be included in the general tomfoolery and good times. I read that somewhere on the internet, so it has to be true.

I can hook anyone up with a price thats BOM + 10%. If something shakes out or I come across something, I will definetly keep the Chapter figureheads in mind. Especially if its on the internet, I hear that things gonna catch on..

Back