• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear brake line

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
Doing a 3 1/2 - 4" lift on my 88 and need a new rear brake line. I read on here (yes I searched first:D), that a mid 90's Dakota line was a direst swap. Bought one this evening and it's not even close. The block on the axle end on my axle, D35, is smaller than the Dakota one. Then went and returned it and wanted a YJ line. Well neither of the places in town that are open now have one in stock, and they want $37-40 for one on special order.
What gives?
Any other options?

Rusty's I believe is $30 for rear-only, SS brakeline. I got the whole set, 90ish I think, and he'll ask for lift size when you call. Mine fits without the extension bracket that came with my lift (and is also available for $10).

The previous owner of my D35 axel was lifted and he just made a real cheap bracket to jack the distribution block up about 3". Now the stock line works for the lift.

i had (have) a 96 dodge dakota 4x4 with a d35 and now an 8.25. it worked with both lines. there is a recess in it that holds the line at an angle on top of the axle tube, but i just mounted in the same orientation as my stock one and it was fine. i was good with it at 4.5" and i still am with 6"

Back