• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Error Codes

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
My XJ have been giving errors since I got back to the US3 weeks ago. It Sputters and pings and stalls sometines when taking off from a stop. These codes are bugging me. I just do not know what they means;

P0012
P0080
P0204
P0208
And there is a B0082
I think the P0012 mean the battery was disconnected. I have not been disconnected in more than a week.
The P0208 indicate that cylinder #8 injector fault,??? this is a 6 cylinder 4.0L

If I clear the codeds, the come back after a few minutes on the road. I have changed most of the sensors and gave it a good tuneup. I went over 100,000 miles with out a tuneup.

Now if I could get the errors to go away and the engine to stop pinging I would be set for life.

What do these codes mean. That is what happens when I leave the XJ and go out of the country for a year. Yea, the battery was dead. I would not re-charge so I bought a new one.

Those are all OBD-II codes, so 1996-2001 is what we're working with.

All of the codes preceded with a "P" are Powertrain codes - mainly engine. The "B" code is a "Body" code - and having the first number being a zero indicates that it is an SAE standard code, and not a manufacturer code.

I have the P-codes listed on my site, as defined by FSM. Click the link in my sig, and go to the Tech section. There's a link for OBD-II codes and meanings.

The most I've been able to find about DTC B0082 keeps coming back to an airbag fault, so is your airbag lamp on? Just wondering...

Back