• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Never leave home with out them

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
So went up to goat today was a pretty good day, not to bad of a place this was my first time there. Would have to say I like TSF better but for a close to home place to go play it works.
So anyways coming off the mountain I could feel my brakes getting soft and was thinking it was just the pads getting hot. Well it wasn't, driving on the uper part of foster rd the brakes went to the floor and well thats not a good set of roads to loose brakes on. Well vise grips to the save broke the rear line so just pinched off with the grips and got home. Now I have a good reason to get some good ones. So what should I get? Thinking going to replace the front ones while I'm at it.
today001.jpg

today002.jpg

Do a search through my post for chevy 1500 and Dakota brake lines. I have listed the NAPA part number a few times.

~Scott

wait, Cj, did you ever disco the rear line 3-way block from the axle?
Yes I did but it still ended up snapping on the drivers side right where it goes in to the drum. I'm going to be replacing all the brake lines in the truck, I mean come on its all 20 years old so it's time to get it done anyways.
This is going to slow me down on the axles and tires but it needs to be done though.

Yes I did but it still ended up snapping on the drivers side right where it goes in to the drum. I'm going to be replacing all the brake lines in the truck, I mean come on its all 20 years old so it's time to get it done anyways.
This is going to slow me down on the axles and tires but it needs to be done though.
I hear ya! i need to get a longer rear line. i think my front lines are long enough for now. at full flex they still have decent slack.

Yeah I think I might need to check mine when its flexed out haven't looked at that yet.

I had to to that last summer, rock crushed one of my rear soft lines. Vice griped it to the leaf spring plate, wheeled the rest of the week like that.
:cheers:

With the spool in the back I didn't even notice it that much.

I had to to that last summer, rock crushed one of my rear soft lines. Vice griped it to the leaf spring plate, wheeled the rest of the week like that.
:cheers:

With the spool in the back I didn't even notice it that much.
Hey have to do what you have to do right, and it works good to lol

Iwouldnt worry about the hard lines. Just the soft ones. The only hard lines id worry about would be the axle tube ones.

Iwouldnt worry about the hard lines. Just the soft ones. The only hard lines id worry about would be the axle tube ones.
Yeah thats the one that broke on the driver side I think it started when we were playing in the rocks. Thats really the only place I was flexed out at. Look in the pic you can see all the brake fluid on the axle.

Back