• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chassis

Baja_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Since I dont have a job and dont have money to do anything to my Jeep other than drive I decided to build an RC version of a Jeepspeed. I have a body on the way that has Bulged and Raised fenders and quarters. I need Cage or chassis pics. Mainly from the back looking in but I need some idea of how the bars are inside. I can pretty well get from the seats forward but the back I portion I dont know alot about so fill me in if ya can

Ive built a RC tube chassis rock crawler before, Im meant I need chassis pics of the back of Jeep race chassis to go off of for the tubing

Last edited:
well its going to be 1/10. Im going to build a full tube chassis with 1/4 C channel unibody rails then 3/16 main cage and 1/8 for the smaller tubes. Tires will be scaled to 33s or 35s on 15" wheels. All 4 shocks are to scale putting it at 21" travel rear and 18" front. Body comes in friday and I get to get started. No job leaves no money and breakline is cheap and I got 24/7 to waste away to it may turn out to true scale before its done haha

Last edited:
I am going to use slightly beefed up 1/18 axle and tranny just so the axle is scale to the width of the body so the tires can tuck in the fenders and the tranny Im using 3 1/18 trannys and using certain parts from each one to build a insane 1/18 tranny for the compact size and weight but its going to use a mild 1/10 motor for the power and speed

If it turns out well Id gladdly produce a few of them for sale but this first one will take about 2 months to produce but I do have access to 3 CNCs so that gives me no reason to hold back on wicked scale gussetts and shock mounts

Yeah thats it thats in the Scale part of RC Crawler. Im going to use Losi Mini Crawler axles since Im going to use 1.5 wheels on it

Since I dont have a job and dont have money to do anything to my Jeep other than drive I decided to build an RC version of a Jeepspeed. I have a body on the way that has Bulged and Raised fenders and quarters. I need Cage or chassis pics. Mainly from the back looking in but I need some idea of how the bars are inside. I can pretty well get from the seats forward but the back I portion I dont know alot about so fill me in if ya can

I'd either look into some of the tuber style rock crawler/racer rigs or maybe even see what could be done with Axial's SCX10 chassis and go from there.

Thought i'd get you guys on here since you seem to be here more than RcCrawler. I ordered a Cliff climber today! Baja We'll have to meet up and crawl sometime in the future.

Im down for some crawling anytime you get ready, just need to know about a week early because thats usually when I do the repairs to mine unless its real bad but this time its not bad so it wont take long to get it back up to par

Im down for some crawling anytime you get ready, just need to know about a week early because thats usually when I do the repairs to mine unless its real bad but this time its not bad so it wont take long to get it back up to par

Cool man. I'll let you know. I'll be going to Kentucky next weekend so its inaugural run will be in a Creek full of rocks it should be a good time.

Im to the point of the chassis that I ran into a situation....should I do it droop style like a Trophy Truck or go half up half down or go all up travel? Im was thinking 1/4 shock up travel and the rest down?

Back