• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle mount trac bar bushing

mean94xj

NAXJA Forum User
hey all, here my brief story im in italy with the armys 5/158 avn and my bros back home using my chero for dd duties and the pressing issue at hand is that The SUPERLIFT ADJ TRAC BAR i installed is in need of a new axle mont bushing and im wondering do to the fact im not there to fix it is there any off the shelf bushing that will work. the current set up is a trashed poly bushing with a brass insert with a 1/2" mounting bolt. rustys has a unit but weather its for the larger diameter bolt that superlift required me to bore out is unknown looking for thoughts and ideas thanks...

Gargoyle 26 out...

I'm pretty sure Rusty's track bar options do NOT include a 1/2" bolt.
I just used a set of Poly YJ Frame Bushings for a cross member I added to the XJ. They were 1/2" sleeves. Have your brother pull the track bar, press out the old bushing, go hit local parts stores for a replacement bushing of the same diameter. He can adjust length as required.
Or he could call Superlift at 888-299-4692 and ask for a prelacement bushing for track bar #5070.

Back