• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cost of A/C Overhaul??

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,

I'm trying to decide if I should keep the Green Karma Beast or just get another XJ that has a working a/c and carpet.

Anyone know the cost of re-doing the a/c system?? High and low?

It doesn't have the HVAC switch on the dash and I don't know if the other parts work or not.

I know diddly squat about the a/c system and have no idea where to start.

Thanks,
E

Just do what I did. It was free and easy to do... Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic :D

Last edited:
E hit up Scott he's the AC man!!!

Hey,

I'm trying to decide if I should keep the Green Karma Beast or just get another XJ that has a working a/c and carpet.

Anyone know the cost of re-doing the a/c system?? High and low?

It doesn't have the HVAC switch on the dash and I don't know if the other parts work or not.

I know diddly squat about the a/c system and have no idea where to start.

Thanks,
E

I just did mine, I had to replace the AC Condenser - (autozone $99)
The condenser came with hard lines attached so I needed new AC lines from the compressor and the Evape ($70) then back to the original shop to have it vacuum tested and filled ($170)
So I spent close to $350 (ouch) to get it blowing cold again.

Have it tested first from someone that isn't going to kill you, The guy I took it to told me that the AC con. was out and didn't charge me for that.

I spent around $700 to get mine working again, new compressor, labor, freon, dehydrator

E,

Give me a shout. I have the evap and controls from my wrecked 2000. We will work out a great deal---cheap!

So I spent close to $350 (ouch) to get it blowing cold again.

....quote]

I spent around $700 to get mine working again, ....

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim's idea is sounding better and better.. ;)

E,

Give me a shout. I have the evap and controls from my wrecked 2000. We will work out a great deal---cheap!

I didn't think the late model a/c & heater stuff wouldn't work on earlier models.. Will it?? I'll pm you..

E

I found what I paid to be more than worth it to have working a/c again.

Back