• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's it worth

codyyy

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '98 XJ Limited. 4.5" lift (RE coils, RE spring packs, RE LCAs, Rusty's adj. trackbar, Skyjacker greaseable shackles) on 32" Mudstar muds, 15x8 American Racing rims. The drivetrain has 198k miles on it, the engine is remanufactured and has about 80k on it. A friend offered me $4k. Is this a decent deal? I was thinking $4500 would be nice. I'm not that set on selling it as I've put a crapload of money into it and it runs and drives good and is very reliable, I'm afraid of having to do that whole "Just Empty Every Pocket" process all over again. And if I sold it, I'm pretty set on getting a Comanche, or maybe a newer 2 door 5 speed XJ, but would rather take the MJ for the pickup ability. Here's a pic. It has the stock fender flares and front bumper on now. Thanks.
IM000301-1.jpg

Alright just checking. Like I said, I'm not sure if it will really be a good idea. While I would like a Comanche, finding one would be kinda difficult. I do have big plans for a Comanche though. I was thinking of buying a near same year XJ only a 2 door but again, the just emptying every pocket thing, and besides the only real difference is the two doors, maybe a 5 speed.

In my opion, Thats not a good enough reason to sell it. youll just have buy all that parts over again, and bolt all that parts on to another jeep. If you plan on buying a jeep for JUST a DD, it wont turn out that way. I did a 5 speed swap in my cherokee, wasnt bad. Just thorw in a 5-speed and wheel it!

The main reason why I'd sell it though is for a Comanche. I never have anyone in the back of my Jeep, and I hardly ever have the room to haul anything. This is all still up in the air, I clearly told my friend if he wants to buy it great, if not, no big deal as I'm not hurting to sell it.

Back