• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some flair ideas

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
Got pulled over by a trooper bout a week ago with my boggers on... They are 12.5s and literally half the tire sticks out and I was told there is not a fair weather law in this state and that the whole tread width must be covered up.

I talked to some people and they said to buy some of that plastic divider stuff that goes between grass and flower beds. The only problem with that is that it is not really removable for the trail.

So I'm looking at alteratives to "ghetto rig" for the drive to the trail that will be fairly inexpensive and easy to remove.

Thanks'

-PJ-

Flair, huh?

jennifer-aniston-flair-office-space.jpg

-----Matt-----

Got pulled over by a trooper bout a week ago with my boggers on... They are 12.5s and literally half the tire sticks out and I was told there is not a fair weather law in this state and that the whole tread width must be covered up.

I talked to some people and they said to buy some of that plastic divider stuff that goes between grass and flower beds. The only problem with that is that it is not really removable for the trail.

So I'm looking at alteratives to "ghetto rig" for the drive to the trail that will be fairly inexpensive and easy to remove.

Thanks'

-PJ-

Well if your going for ghetto, go with the divider stuff and zip tie it on through the stock holes for the flares. When you get to the trail cut em off and zip em down when your going home.

How do you have half the tire sticking out? And stock flares are still decent, usually if a copper sees you with stock flares they'll leave you alone. No flares is really obvious.

I just run front stock flares, to keep the water that lands on my windshield to a minimum, keeps most of the tire covered and so far haven't been pulled over.

~Scott

TJ flares FTW. No flares looks ghetto and attracts the po-po. Fo sho.

Change the wheels, It will fix more expensive issues than your flairs.

TJ or YJ flares also work very well.
Custom Tube flares also work well.
Stock flares modified to fit.
Trailer and tow rig.

Michael

Good point, Michael. How much backspacing is there on those wheels, 2"? The problem is he might not be able to run those Boggers with much more.

Actually, the problem is that he's running Boggers. ;)

Good point, Michael. How much backspacing is there on those wheels, 2"? The problem is he might not be able to run those Boggers with much more.

Actually, the problem is that he's running Boggers. ;)

I paid a total of 50 bucks for the tires and wheels so I'm not gonna bitch too much.

-PJ-

I paid a total of 50 bucks for the tires and wheels so I'm not gonna bitch too much.

-PJ-

But that $50 turns in to how big of a ticket? :twak:

~Scott

I bet replacing ball-joints and other maintenence due to heavy tires and rims with incorrect backspacing will end up costing more.

So now you're running $600 Boggers, which is about right market-value wise. ;)

Back