• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xfer case removal Q?

Nevermmind....

I know this has been discussed ad-nauseum.... The reason I asked is because I have the BDS long arm lift. The upper and lower control arms are attached to the crossmember and I really was hoping I could do without dropping it.....

Oh well.....

Frickin' Jeep.........

Well that was fun..... Actually it was quite easy once I dropped the upper and lower control arms, the exhaust, the crossmember, the rear trans mount etc, etc........

Just need to lower the trans and have the right tools....

FYI, I found that the best tool (that I had on hand) for removing the lower passenger side nut was an old Chevy distributor adjusting wrench that I haven't used in a hundred years......

Thanks all.....

FYI, I found that the best tool (that I had on hand) for removing the lower passenger side nut was an old Chevy distributor adjusting wrench

heh, I used one of 'em the first time I pulled a T case on a buddies and didn't realize what a PITA it can be without it! My next time was at the boneyard and I didn't have the wrench with me in my bag-o-goodies-- never leave home w/out the distributor wrench now...

Thanks for the tips I started my SYE install today and I cannot get the top passenger side bolt broke loose I have a crows foot wrench bit no room to turn it. 5-speed FYI. I will have to buy the stubby 9/16.

Back