• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ug....

drknyt

NAXJA Forum User
i just swapped in this motor in my 2000 xj, i have been running it all day long, now all of a sudden it keeps blowing a fuse under the hood, its the top right mini fuse if your looking at the motor, and the jeep won't start, it has spark and will momentarily run if you spray starter fluid in it, and fuel rail has pressure, any ideas why it would keep blowing, i have checked all the wire to it and can find no bear wire...

for those not fallowing your other threads....
let me first apologize for not searching, i just dont have any time, i am about to get a 2000 xj, that has a bad motor, i just need to know if a motor from a 94 HO will bolt in? also, does a 2000 have 2 O2 sensors? ill be swapping my lift, axles, lift kit, bumpers, skids, motor, and transfercase over from my 94 to my 2000, will i run into any problems? any heads up on anything will be greatly appriciated!!! thanks!!

motor swapped in way easy, used 94 block and head and internals, used 2000 coil pack, power steering pump/bracket, used 2000 ac compressor with 94 bracket, switch over oil pressure sending unit from 2000 and there is a sensor that mounts where the distributor when that also turns the oil pump, used intake and exhaust manifolds from 2000, bolted right up to 94 head, used 2000 alternator and starter, and motor mounts were identical! any questions???? :D:D:D:D

so everything was running great took it for a drive no problems no check engine light nothing, i get in to back it up a little and i currently have the rear driveshaft off cuz i used a tow dolly to get it home a week ago, i went put it in neutral to shift to 4 hi, it started to grind and i hurried and pushed it back to 2hi and the motor died, now it won't start, as soon as you turn the key to the "run" position the fuse blows

check the wires of said systems (tc, starter, all engine power wiring) see if they are shorting against one another or if they are not properly grounded.

Why not keep one thread and add to it rather than shoving 3 threads out there. No time to search?? you have time to start new threads and call people dicks that are simply trying to get a better understanding of your problem...im sure the time it took you to create all these threads you could have searched and found what your looking for.

go over to pirate, ask some noobish questions in the hardcore tech section, and THEN come back over here and call us dicks.

go over to pirate, ask some noobish questions in the hardcore tech section, and THEN come back over here and call us dicks.

:gee: LOL, you can say that again...............

Back