• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I just blew my motor

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
sweet! now I get to build a stroker! Actually for the past few weeks ive been planning on doing a stroker, but I wasn't expecting it to happen this soon. I was leaving college today and going home, when the oil pressure dropped, I was kinda pissed but oh well. I just came in from working on it, Im gonna pull it tomorrow and start tearing it apart, It went out pretty smoothly, so maybe I just stripped a gear on the oil pump or something.

so hears my plan, critics welcome.

4.2L rods and crank,
bore 30 over,
buy complete rebuild kit with .30 over pistons
and thats all I got so far,

how long do you think this will take?

That's cool that you had plans for it and it didn't leave you in a bind. Usually that's not the way things happen. Putting a motor together doesn't take long, the machining is all depending on them though. I've taken a block into one place and didn't get it back for over 2 months. Flipside of that I've gotten work back in a day at the same place.

yea, thats one of the things I'm worried about cause theirs not too many machine shops around here, and the one that I know of is backed up for a while. Also, what do you think it would cost to get the block cleaned up, probably dipped and then bored? I was thinking like a few hundred? also how much should I plan to spend on the rebuild, assuming I can get the 4.2 rods and crank for free, from a friend. how much have you guys spent building your strokers and what parts did you use?

Back