• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Wheels Should I Use

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
I am running 8in wide black Soft 8's on a red & black 97 W/ 3in lift and 31x10.5x15 M/T's. I just picked up a set of 5 American racing outlaw 2 aulminum they are 10in wide x 15 do not know what will look better.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it a mall crawler or does it see off road action? mall crawler, go with aluminum, crawler, i'd keep the soft 8s, $50 to replace a bent wheel is alot better than $150

:eek:I just looked at the tires website and it my size is only rated to a 9in rim. I do not have money for new tires so looks like they are for sale. I think black is more my color anyway. Should have checked into this before a bought em.:eek:

:eek:I just looked at the tires website and it my size is only rated to a 9in rim. I do not have money for new tires so looks like they are for sale. I think black is more my color anyway. Should have checked into this before a bought em.:eek:

My general rule of thumb is that the tire width needs to be 2" wider than the rim width to maintain a good bead seal. I'm currently running 33x12.5"x15 tires on 15x8 rims so I have to keep my tires aired down to about 25lbs so that they don't bulge in the centers, but I've never had a bead problem wheeling at 6-7 lbs of air.

Geez 10.50 tires on a 10" wheel, that's pushing Vdub status
1h2otopdawg6dc3.jpg

Geez 10.50 tires on a 10" wheel, that's pushing Vdub status
1h2otopdawg6dc3.jpg

That is Just dumb. I am a VW nut and I hate that look and on top of that it can't be safe banging corners like that! :eek:

I've been running 8" rims (steel) with 33x10.50-15 BFG muds for almost 5 years and love the set up. Originally set up when I lived in NM. Now that I'm back in FL, I still like the set up. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some folks like the w i d e look. Seems to be alot around here. I'm thinking to do with floatation, etc. I've never had problem with floatation when aired down properly. When back on the road I like how turning radius is close to stock ( I can make most u-turns w/o 3 pointing), I also like the less wear and tear on linkages and bearings, etc. To each his/ her own! Wheel on!:patriot:

capnpablo

Back