• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil problem?

arkansasduck

NAXJA Forum User
i have an 89xj auto 4.0 anyways iam geting intermittin powerloss in my coil? it will die justs driving down the interstate? and sometimes when i slap the shifter in nutural it comes back alive? but that does not allways work? other times i have to pull the coil wire off or just wiggle it around and it will start everytime PLEASE HELP!!!! o ya the coil is new via autozone

arkansasduck said:
i have an 89xj auto 4.0 anyways iam geting intermittin powerloss in my coil? it will die justs driving down the interstate? and sometimes when i slap the shifter in nutural it comes back alive? but that does not allways work? other times i have to pull the coil wire off or just wiggle it around and it will start everytime PLEASE HELP!!!! o ya the coil is new via autozone

the module the coil bolts to goes for a poop aswell

arkansasduck said:
the bolts? u mean they come loose? or what?

no the ignition module fails aswell as the coil, i guess the bolts could come loose there should be 2 bolts holding the coil to the ignition module

Sounds like the ICM Ignition control module is failing, Its common for these to become intermittent when they start to get warm.
Thats the unit thats affixed to the bottom of the coil.

Back