• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power trax no slip

I have one in my 8.8 in a TJ it works GREAT much better than an Aussie or a regular lock rite.I liked it so much I have one for my XJ.

If you get one, be sure that everything is lined up before you install the center pin. If you don't you'll bust the little ear off of the active spacer and it's a pita... becomes very unpredictable... ask me how I know...

Busted 2 of them... guess that is what happens when you start installing components w/ very little sleep.

I've got one. Its very quiet. No ratcheting, just an occasional shudder when it loads up or unloads. Locks up good and tight just how it should. Does what any locker does, but is "street friendly" as in its quiet, doesn't bang around, isn't too harsh in engagement or dis-engagement.

I had one in my F-150. If your rig is offroad only save money and get a lock-right or aussie. If you go on pavement and its going in the rear, the no-slip is worth every penny. It is noticeably smoother.

I will be getting one shortly, as I can't find anything else that fits in a D44 tracklock carrier.

I will be getting one shortly, as I can't find anything else that fits in a D44 tracklock carrier.
If you're getting one for your Trak Loc, make sure (before you by it!) that your cross pin is held in by a roll pin and not circlips (like the one in my XJ's D44 http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=953034 )........I had to get another carrier because I didn't realize it until way after I bought the unit. I'll get around to installing it one of these days!--------Hans

Last edited:
It is made for the d30. And I've seen articles about it being installed in front axles. It's supposed to be about the quietest, most well behaving automatic locker there is, which to me seems like front axle material.

I've had mine in for about a year. DD, just go slower around corners, you'll figure
it out

Back