• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check engine Light

jackate

NAXJA Forum User
My check engine light came on, I had the code checked. It was the A.I.T. sensor. (air intake temperture sensor low voltage).

1) Changed the sensor and reset computer, and still got the same problem.

1) a) disconnected and touched negative and postive battery connectors together to reset computer and release any voltage stored in computer.

2) Checked the sensor was getting 5 volts that was OK.

3) Took it to Mechanic he checked it out, and said it was computer.

4) bought used computer and changed it, and got the same message and the check engine light is still on.

5) Truck runs great, just can't through inspection with the check engine light on.

At this point I need another mechanic or some other advice from this board.

This is my third post on this problem.

Need help on this one, please post any thoughts.

Thanks

Jackate

Problem Fixed - It was a broken wire that connected the sensor to the computer.

Changed the wire. check engine light stop coming on, Passed inspection.

Allot of trouble for 25 cents of wire.

Your situation is not that uncommon. When a code is set, the root cause of the problem can be anywhere along that entire circuit, including connectors and wiring, which are often overlooked.

Your situation is not that uncommon. When a code is set, the root cause of the problem can be anywhere along that entire circuit, including connectors and wiring, which are often overlooked.

Exactly! All the "computer" is telling you that it isn't getting some data within a range that it expects, based on fixed programming.

It is giving you a starting point, it is NOT telling you to change a component.

Glad you got it!

That was a long time coming! I bet you were relieved if you've been having the problem since last June. Since it couldn't pass inspection, I take it that you weren't able to drive it around for that long, eh? Bummer.... unless, of course, you decided to risk Johnny Law catching you driving around with expired expiration :)

Congrats on fixing it though. Always good to hear a happy ending.

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding, I fixed the problem before my inspection was due.

I never posted the solution until recently when I came back to the board for more advice.

I wanted to make sure I posted the solution even though it was late, hoping to help someone else.

Jackate

Back