• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opposite of a blown Blower Motor Resistor

xj incubus

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, i just did a lot of searching on this forum and i cant find an answer to my problem. 1996 XJ, 4.0... A/C problem..

My jeep's blower motor just started acting up. All speeds EXCEPT High will work just fine, but when i turn the fan on High, barely any air is being moved. From what i understand, a blown Blower Motor Resistor will cause only High and Off settings to work. I have the reverse problem, High won't work but the rest will. Has anyone encountered this problem?? :dunno:

awesome thanks guys.. i've already done this swap once, the unfortunate thing is that the junkyards and auto parts stores sell the switches for cheap, but that is probably not what is melted.. last time when i swapped it out it was the actual female connector plug that attached to the back of the switch (melted of course) but instead of just plugging in a new switch, all the wires that run to the switch must be spliced into to put a new plug on.. i might try to put relays in between the 4 (high) and 3 (medium high) settings to see if that prevents this from happening again.. it was only 2 years ago when i swapped this sh!t out!! thanks again fellas

I rewired mine and didn't have a problem again got rid of that connector its obviously a large flaw that's dangerous.

I didn't do the relay mod but I did eliminate the big melted plug and just used crimp on female spade connectors instead.

I am not sure which melts first, the plug or the switch. Although some of the contacts on my switch were also screwed up from the plastic being melted.

jeez if this many people have had a problem with it...

didnt they do a class action suit against Jeep because of the cracked XJ headers from years '91-'99 or somethin like that?? what would it take to get one of those rollin haha

Back