• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

apillar gauges

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone sell a pilliar gauges for 89 cherokee? coolant gauge and oil temp gauge are shot. Looking for a clean look instead of messing with factory gauges.

Won't this block your view a little?

No, not really. And for guys that need a tranny temp gauge, the small view blockage is worth it.

I have the Autometer A-pillar 2 pod deal and it looks quite nice. I have a oil temp and oil pressure in it.

Not sure if its the same but I got gauges from a mid 90's gauge that I am only using the housing. PM me if your interested in just the gauges (have all 6 available)

I just put a set in my 89, used them for one week and found the broken wires behind my bumper that was keeping my factory gauges working. I am going to take these out and sell them. I put in coolant temp and oil pressure, both of them are electrical with sending units, I will enclose to wiring harness I made too. I will try to post pictures of it while it is installed. If any one is interested in them send me a PM.

I can post some tomorrow.... it does not look that bad IMO....

Heres my A pillar gauge kit with trans temp and Air/fuel ratio.
aaa-1.jpg

How is the Air Fuel working for you? has it provided any useful information?

I will edit my post in a little bit to include my a-pillar and gauges...

Edit:

I am missing 1 gauge (need the funds for a Oil Pressure Gauge)

DSC01932.JPG

DSC01936.JPG

Not an A-pillar but a nifty spot I think for a gauge....

DSC019331.JPG

But I am also working on this as a side project.....

DSC01939.JPG

All the gauges will be replaced with Autometer full sweep Digital Cobalt with the matching large Speedo/Tach Combo (never will need to worry about speed gears ever again, you set it in a special mode and drive exactly one mile and set it and forget it.......)

Last edited:
Originally I installed the air/fuel ratio gauge because my motor was running hot and I thought it was because I was running lean. That was not the case. I love it when I turn the A/C on I can see the motor go slightly rich to compensate for the added load of the comp. When I get on it, it goes lean and then comes back to Stoichiometry.

mine is Autometer for the XJ from Jegs...

Back