• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWfest available seat

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
whp is the portland area has a open seat? im willing to take all photos and be your spotter (if needed). Im yet to make it to a NW event and need to go. Got laid off my job so this might be the onyl chance i get... Please guys let me know id love to run along.

You looking for a ride to the event or just a seat on the trail?

Ughhh this post reminds me how my rig might be left at home for this event. :bawl:

~Scott

Ughhh this post reminds me how my rig might be left at home for this event. :bawl:

~Scott

What's up, Buttercup? Anything we can fix in the next week and a half? At least you can ride with Lyle, worst-case scenario.

What's up, Buttercup? Anything we can fix in the next week and a half? At least you can ride with Lyle, worst-case scenario.

Unless you want to drop my tranny for me while I work, nope. My flex plate is showing signs for replacement needed. I have a new one, but I'm going to play around with some other things to try and get around the grinding start problem I was having. Nothing catastrophic by any means, but I want to be 100% before my rig touches dirt with others.

~Scott

Unless you want to drop my tranny for me while I work, nope. My flex plate is showing signs for replacement needed. I have a new one, but I'm going to play around with some other things to try and get around the grinding start problem I was having. Nothing catastrophic by any means, but I want to be 100% before my rig touches dirt with others.

~Scott

You sure the flex plate is damaged? If it's only recently been grinding, it might be okay. I assume the problem is your starter solenoid not fully engaging, causing the teeth to grind when you try to start it. Did you put a new starter in yet? Replace the starter and see if the problem persists.

My flex plate/starter have been grinding for years when I start it up (in frequently). That isn't something I would really worry about before NW Fest unless it is happening all of the time and you have other concerns with it?

Michael

My flex plate/starter have been grinding for years when I start it up (in frequently). That isn't something I would really worry about before NW Fest unless it is happening all of the time and you have other concerns with it?

Michael

That's good to know. Well mine started doing it weeks ago, then I pulled the starter, cleaned and lubed it, and put it back. Worked great till after wheeling and getting into stupid deep mud, now it grinds on every start and the flex plate shows some wear as a result in the first bit of the plate. I believe the starter hasn't been fully engaging. I have a 6 month old lifetime warrenty starter though (it's not reman) but they've tested it again and again and said everything works (including the bendix).

I'm putting my rig back together though after a partial tear down, and I'm going to try and fix the problem. Worst case I'll buy a starter and have a spare. However the reason why I'm worried is I don't want something to fail, and it render me incapable of starting my rig.

~Scott

Back