• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 10in. drums on 8.25

agent98

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone installed D44 rear drum assemblies on a C8.25?
I got them left over from a disk conversion. They are bigger, gotta be better? Will they fit? Thank You.
:dunno:

They are bigger, 10"x2.5" as opposed to either 10"x1.75" or 9"x2.5" on the 8.25. I know from experience that they work better. I don't know how to switch them, there was a thread not long ago about switching the opposite way, but I can't find it, and I don't recall if the thread lasted long enough for a complete answer. Backing plates, is most likely the issue, it is not as simple as just switching the brakes themselves.

Thanks, I searched a bunch of different ways.
I have all the stuff including backing plates. I don't have a lot of time to experiment.

From recollection (which isn't 100%): worst case, you will have to drill out the backing plate to the new axle pattern. Everything else should go smooth.

if you are going to go through the hassle, why not switch to discs? CV and exploder dics are almost bolt on.

The d44 stuff is complete and in good condition.
They are leftover after zj conversion.

I have 2 XJ's and selling the one with 8.25 axle soon and don't want to throw much more money and time into it. It has bad wheel cylinder,

Back