• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Panel Removal

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to remove the driver's door on my 97 (4 door, manual windows, manual locks). I saw 2 screws in the arm rest, and another in the cup behind the inside handle. I know there are probably afew of the plastic pins holding it on too.

My questions are is there any tricks to removing the door panel (I had a ford that you had to tilt the rear of the panel up before lifting the whole thing straight up)? And how do you remove the window crank?

I'm replacing the little assembly that keeps the door from opening too far. I know I have to remove the speaker and go in through the hole to access the assembly.

Hallo. Normally you have to push the door panel and clear the clip behind the crank.
Use a crewdriver to remove the clip.
The plastic pins are mostly damaged, when you remove them. They are a push-in type. If you are lucky , you can use them again. There is a special fork tool to lift them from the door. I always use a pryer to pull them out. :shhh:

'92 XJ

Last edited:
How you disconnect the cables that go to the handle and door lock?

Back