• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

needing ideas ..have been searching

joe2feathers

NAXJA Forum User
ok after doing searching and trying to understand .....figured id ask around ...im stalling ...not completly ..but heres what it does ...at higher normal speeds im fine but when i slow down ...say like to go over spped bumps it bogs down then as i let off brake and idle over bumps it bogs badly ...ive even managed to get it to bog..pop.and lightly back fire when accerlateing after this ...but if i peddle threw it it runs fine ...im wondering if maybe ive gotten some mositure in dist cap ...or wiring ..or fuel issues ...but ive really done nothing different latley..its been slowly getting worse ...any ideas ? :gonnablow btw 88 4.0

Last edited:
its the sensor on the bell housing that senses the position of the crankshaft. if the wiring is chaffed or the sensor is going bad, this can cause those symptoms you described

joe, its a hall effect switch, mounted to the top of your bellhouseing behind the #6 injector . not sure on how to test it, but we could swap one with mine and see if it fixes your prob?

lazarus said:
joe, its a hall effect switch, mounted to the top of your bellhouseing behind the #6 injector . not sure on how to test it, but we could swap one with mine and see if it fixes your prob?

cool lets do it..and ive alwaya had odd idle issues...you name it ...ive changed iac tps mapp etc etc :conceited

Back