• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift questions???

rokcrwler

NAXJA Forum User
My First Post!!:guitar: So I'm looking at lifting my '89 MJ. I would like to go up 5-7", but don't know whos got the best bang for your buck kit..? Good flex would be nice. I'd prefer a softer spring rate too... thanks guys!!
-drew

Yes, RE is pretty expensive. I haven't personally tried Rusty's suspension, all I have from them is a trackbar but I believe they'll be the best bang for the buck, unless you want to try Rough Country.
Their 4.5" Spring Over kit is $550 including their shocks and I believe has everything you need, though you'll need to weld the spring perches or just replace the rear end with one out of an XJ. The jump to a long-arm suspension goes up to $1600 for a 6.5" kit.
Personally to me, if I had an MJ (and I want one bad), I'd piece together a kit. Replace the rear end if it isn't that great with one out of an XJ, otherwise put new perches on. Put an AAL in the rear and maybe a shackle too unless the springs are shot, then just replace. Buy 6.5"-up coils, and a long-arm system. Then buy shocks and whatever else is needed, if I swapped rear ends perhaps sell the old rear end to make a little money back.

Last edited:
Rubicon Express if you want a 1 stop shopping experiance.
If you go anywhere else there are some items that are really good, but others that suck. + RE you know will bolt right up the first time no tweeking or grinding involved.

Ya I'm torn between the RE and the Rusty's. My friend had the Rusty's 8" Long Arm under his XJ, worked MINT! I have used RE a on previous build, aslo worked mint. How are the shocks that are offered? Or do I have to order something them seperate? thanks
-drew

Back