• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone run these?

northernxj

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry this thread is also in the Picture Showcase, I didn't realize I was in there, anyways. Here it is.
have been looking into a mild lift and running an aggressive factory size tire.
I have a 225/75R16 on my 01 xj. I am going to do a 2'' OME setup. I have been looking into MT/R's and really like them. I recently got a quote, and ouch. They said $194.95 a tire due to the odd ball size, 883 mounted. The shop recommended the Wild Country TXR made by multimile which are $133 a tire and $625 mounted. Now my question is, does or has anyone run these and what is their feedback on them. I really like the MT/R and like the comfort of a name brand tire. Would you guys say to save the cash and get the Wild Country's or go with the tried and true, though they cost an arm and a leg? Thanks for the input in advanced. I searched with no luck, which doesn't reassure me, due to the lack of use with this tire on the forum.
Here is a link to these TXR's. Is it a poor decision to buy something that you know is reliable to save actually a chunk of cash? Goodyear warrants defects and has 3ply while the txr's are 2 ply with no cover on defects. Would these txr's be alright in rain and snow?
http://www.tbcprivatebrands.com/mult...line.asp?id=36
Thank you,
Stephen http://www.naxja.org/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=945475

i ran a set of the TXR on my suzuki samurai in both a 30" and a 32" tire. any smaller then a 31" tire i would advise against, hte tred pattern was too tight for trails around here when thigns got wet. i was amazed how much better teh large tire did with the larger lug openings. i would recommend going with a proven smaller tire such as teh MT/R or BFG M/T

I did search, but what about that rediculous price? Is that really what I should pay for a factory sized MT/R? I think I am just going to find something affordable and get the MT/R's when I add shackles and spacers in a year or so.

$200 an MT/R isn't that high of a price. You might look at going 235 or 245's though..

$200 is outrageous, i bought 37s at 199 a tire about a year ago from 4wheelers supply in arizona
they are still only about $209 a tire, and thats for 37s

Free shipping on orders over $150
Or head to your local 4Wheel Parts and have them match the price
I get all my parts from them, they always make good deals

*shrug*
I paid 100/ea for my 35" mt/r's. Sometimes its just a matter of waiting for the right deal.

I got 5 MT/R 245/75R 16's and Rubicon rims brand new for 400 total, I thought that was a good enough deal. I probably wouldn't pay 200 a tire in the future when they wear out, I will be ready for 33's by then.

cal said:
*shrug*
I paid 100/ea for my 35" mt/r's. Sometimes its just a matter of waiting for the right deal.
That's about right! I recently "had to" upgrade to 265/75/16's after destroying a tire on the street. Still don't know what I ran over. But, I got lucky, because the local GY dealer was running a special. He actually had the 285's for cheaper, $168 vs $175, but they would never fit! Since I was buying 4, I asked him to give me the smaller tire for the cheaper price, and he did. The retail on GY is brutal, atleast around here.
As for size, I ran 255/70/16 on my stock rims with no lift--and trimming of the rear fenders, and then with 3 inches of lift. I do have wheel spacers on up front, because they do hit the LCA's at full lock. I'd rec MTR's in that size. worked well for me.:D

Thanks for all the feedback. I am just going to hit up those AT2's for $75 a piece and then do the MT/R's when I add a inch or so in the future. I really wasn't about to bend over for those prices. Thanks

Back