• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 XJ Auxiliary Fan motor questions.

R.Rice

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced the entire cooling system on my 1999 4WD 4.0 XJ(csf rad,all new water pump,hoses etc)to find that my Aux fan motor is dead.:banghead:

As luck would have it ,the local parts store had a motor so I pulled my fan assembly out and disassembled it to find that the motor would'nt fit.(it was physically too big for the hole in the carrier part of the shroud).Surprisingly when I returned the motor, the guy at the counter next to me was returning a motor for his 1999 cherokee.He claimed that he had already returned a motor to NAPA and Discount auto(we were at autozone)because of the same reasons.

With all that said,is there anywhere online that I should be looking for a new motor that I won't have to send back for not fitting?Is the Junk yard worth looking at?I would like to retain this fan since the 97+ are suppose to pull more air.I just dropped a lot of coin on the cooling system and want to do this right the first time so a junk yard unit isn't exactly the route I wanted to go.Any advice is appreciated.

Back