• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any way to check fuel injectors

dariley83

NAXJA Forum User
so i picked up some 19lb 4 hole orange top ford fuel injectors for free and was wondering how to clean them and check them before putting them to work in my jeep. Any ideas? I cleaned them with some throttle body cleaner a little today, and they don't look awful I was just hoping for a way to make sure they are in good working order before putting them on

x2 on this as well, I have a set of Ford 19lb-ers too, would like to know if there was a method of self cleaning besides shelling out $100.00 for some guy to do it on a machine.

ive been thinking about this myself.
i was planning on grabbing a junkyard fuel rail and hooking up an electric fuel pump to it with one of my spare batteries. and spray each injector into a safe container as a method for cleaning them, like maybe running some serious fuel injector cleaner and acetone through em? something like that at least...then you can do it for all your friends too!

Back