PDA

View Full Version : Home Safe

lobsterdmb
June 14th, 2009, 06:32
Got home about midnight last night.

Thank you guys for another wonderful NAC-Fest. Seeing a lot of old friends and making some new ones is the reason I enjoy helping to run these events year after year. Redheep said it best after the 25AE event: "It's not about this website. It's not about the trails we conquer. It's not about the rigs we build. It's about the people we trade stories with around the campfire."

OverlandZJ
June 14th, 2009, 07:57
Arrived home around 1am.

Had an absolute great time, met alot of new NAC members and shared the company of some old friends. This NAC-Fest was a huge success!

I think we found a new home for our event! The accomodations were outstanding, the BBQ delicious and raffle had some great prizes that made some huge smiles.

Thank You all. :worship:

John

Victor S.
June 14th, 2009, 09:45
Got home around 11:00 this morning, too tired to drive home. Had a great time yesterday. Got to place faces on screen names from here. Did not take pic's, too busy wheeling. For being new to the NAC-Fest, I had a blast. My son is now corrupted and ruined from driving anything but a Jeep. Thanks to all for their hard work in getting this together.

Victor

MrShaft696
June 14th, 2009, 10:54
Arrived home around 1am.

Had an absolute great time, met alot of new NAC members and shared the company of some old friends. This NAC-Fest was a huge success!

I think we found a new home for our event! The accomodations were outstanding, the BBQ delicious and raffle had some great prizes that made some huge smiles.

Thank You all. :worship:

John

I wish the cheese on my burger was melted haha, but thats the only complaint I have j/k. Made it back just fine, drove home with no rear shocks, gas tank skid plate hanging half off apparently & with a new check engine light, all in all had a great time.

chedisme
June 14th, 2009, 13:49
I had such a good time! I am so pumped for next year!! maybe by then my friend nik will have his exploder's lift done and we can show him he bought the wrong suv. but honestly he had such a great time he really want to buy a Cherokee.

billyjp2
June 14th, 2009, 14:32
just got home after a 6 hour drive. wheeled two days and drove home with NO problems

great to meet alot of new people and cant wait to get down to nac fest next year

BIIprospector
June 14th, 2009, 14:44
I had a great time meeting everyone and seeing the trails of R.C. It was a blast, and as long as there are no objections, next time the Bronco will hopefully be running so I can do some wheelin with you guys from the drivers seat.

B.T.W. I (and especially Billy) thank you for the bumper

Hammered
June 14th, 2009, 15:21
Broke a shock Mt. early in the day today... probably the most fun I had @ RC so far. Made it through the day on one rear shock. Kinda surprised how nice it did out there under the circumstances. Good stuff.

old_whitey88
June 14th, 2009, 16:20
Me and SeansBlueXJ made it home. Cat puked on the floor as expected, Left D.I.T.A & Egon on Rt. 80 Heading home. Hope D.I.T.A makes it with his leaky transfer case...

STROKER
June 14th, 2009, 16:31
Had a great time as well, yet again THANKS TO THE NAC BOD who put this together TOP NOTCH.

Only managed to break a hub(subject to change upon closer inspection) and a couple of welds, oh and some more body damage....

http://www.strokersjeep.com/brokenhub1.jpg

STROKER

Andy in Pa.
June 14th, 2009, 17:26
We made it home around 2:20pm. What a great time!!! If I wasn't so wiped from 3 great days of wheeling/drinking and hanging out with a GREAT group of people, I would have been back on the trails today!!

I think RedHeep and Johnny have it right... it helps that the campground was great, the food was great and everything went smoothly, but the group of people we have in this chapter are just second to none...

I want to blast out a special "Thanks" to Keith and Jen. The one problem we have had in the past has always been getting EVERYONE into groups and into the woods each morning. Jen and Keith REALLY stepped up and whipped the whole thing into order. We were in the woods by or before 9:30am every day!!! Thanks guys and yes Keith, next year I'll buy the beer!!!

Also, a special thanks to the trail guides too. Like I said, the people in this crew really make it all work.

Andy

MDXJ
June 14th, 2009, 17:37
We made it home around 2:30pm. had to stop and fix my doc's tire on the way home. thanks andy .see all you guys and gals next year:cheers:

Justpunchit
June 14th, 2009, 17:39
Got home around 5:15pm made it in 7.5 hours not to bad considering we weren't in a hurry! I'll be there again for sure!

vetteboy
June 14th, 2009, 17:58
Made it back at around 5:30, had a nice day of wheelin today with no issues. :D

Thanks to all who helped in getting this thing put together, I certainly had a great time and I'll be back next year!

BillDunn83
June 14th, 2009, 18:03
we made it home around 8 with no new problems... I would have to agree with hammer today was a blast! especially when I almost rolled my rig. everyone was such a big help to me this weekend (cause i am a noob). cant wait till next year but for you other locals hope to see you up there again soon!

RCman
June 14th, 2009, 19:32
Got home about an hour ago after a quick trip to Centralia.
Made it all the way up I-84 and then did some interesting sight seeing when the GPS decided that the Mass Pike wasn't the right way to go home, but small half-paved roads were better.

We had a blast, we now have something to do for a few days in June from here on out! It was great to put some names to faces and chat and ride along with you all.

Oh, and a special thanks goes out to Andy who let my take Barnabus out for a spin. I owe you a big one buddy! :thumbup:

D.I.T.A
June 14th, 2009, 19:38
got home at 7 30 pm went to centraila them went to wine fest after. this years NAC fest was great the camp ground couldn't have been better the wheeling was great and hanging out with some awsome people and getting smacked to death by Melissa really a very well planned out and exicuted trip already fixing stuff for NAC fest 0 10

egon
June 14th, 2009, 20:44
Evening folks, got back home about 8:30. The Centralia stop was pretty cool. Rob M. took some pictures, hopefully they'll be up soon.

Again, NAC Fest did not disappoint. The folks behind the scenes did an awesome job creating a great event. I can't wait for next year, and I have lots of work to do.

--Matt

ROBZ95Xj
June 14th, 2009, 21:07
i hate you guys, i will NOT be missing nac fest next year

johngus
June 15th, 2009, 05:24
Good morning, we made it back to Philly about 4:45 Sunday afternoon. We wheeled Sunday and left the park about 2:00.

WrEkLEsSXJ
June 15th, 2009, 05:36
I definately had a GREAT time. It sure was a nice campground (i was expecting tent camping and outhouses haha) and the BBQ was SLAMMIN!Glad i could make it to my first NAC fest, and surely not my last! ill definately be going next year! thanx to all who made this possible. and nice to meet, well everyone bascially. :wave:

Skorpyo
June 15th, 2009, 06:42
Bob and I made it back to NoVA around 4PM, depsite the traffic. Had a blast, was great to reconnect with old friends and faces. I'll try to be less of a stranger too since I re-upped with NAXJA :-).

Skorpyo

MoparManiac
June 15th, 2009, 07:38
Made it back around 7:00 p.m. last night, and unpacked everything and went right to bed.

Definitely a big thanks goes out to everyone that organized this as I was not disappointed for a minute. Definitely worth the 8 hour drive down! I'll be back again next year, but staying in a cabin or a tent on the campgrounds.

Big thanks goes out to Matt and Rich for leading our group around, we would have been lost without you guys!

Lynn
June 15th, 2009, 09:10
I'm glad everyone had a great time and that the new camping venue worked out so well for you. :yelclap:

I had my share of adventures on Sunday. Took Junior (red MJ) out for a run with Dora. We ended up caught up in a recovery situation for 3 stock-ish XJ's who got off the beaten path down in the west property's logged out area. And Junior got stuck in it too, wish I had the camera, it was stuck in a rut so bad and then the battery cable kept making the guys jump it to keep it going. Then driving back to the office, it was acting all finicky with the fuel, it was all I could do to get that back to the office.

Finally headed home around 7 in Maggie, the "new" white MJ, I kinda had a feeling my day was not over, and sure enough, near the end of my travel home it started spewing radiator fluid everywhere. I was only a mile from my local garage, so I got it there hopefully before any really bad damage was done. Had to find a ride home, and then driove back with water to wash off the hood and fenders. Hoping the paint job isn't screwed up now.

And thanks to John (w/ the gray MJ) for taking time on Sunday morning in the middle of their repairs to help with my stuck power window.

Rob Mayercik
June 15th, 2009, 14:38
Evening folks, got back home about 8:30. The Centralia stop was pretty cool. Rob M. took some pictures, hopefully they'll be up soon.

Again, NAC Fest did not disappoint. The folks behind the scenes did an awesome job creating a great event. I can't wait for next year, and I have lots of work to do.

--Matt

I got in yesterday about 4pm, unloaded the truck, ran to the car wash to get the mud off, had dinner, and promptly ran out of steam.

I'll get the Centralia pics off the camera tonight and see about posting them (and my NACFest pics) up...

D.I.T.A
June 15th, 2009, 15:10
i hate you guys, i will NOT be missing nac fest next year

don't hate just finish the dam truck

John__505
June 15th, 2009, 15:49
I had a great time and met some realy great people. Thank you for having the event and a great weekend.

billyjp2
June 15th, 2009, 17:02
don't hate just finish the dam truck(s)

fixed

Joev
June 15th, 2009, 18:48
We got home around 11am. No problems..Jeep is still dirty but the rain will take care of that. This was my first NACFEST..I had a great time. Big thanks to Andy and John! I met some awesome people and enjoyed talking jeep stuff all weekend.

Looking forward to next year and wheeling with you guys again soon. Perhaps a nice weekend in August or September..Or maybe even sooner..

Lee, get your Jeep fixed!! Mike, keep your 35's..Justin, Keep your rig!:yelclap:

miteclgst
June 15th, 2009, 18:53
Got home Saturday afternoon. So very glad I went, definitely looking forward to next year... Thanks for putting on such a great event!

knuckle_buster
June 16th, 2009, 08:15
I got in yesterday about 4pm, unloaded the truck, ran to the car wash to get the mud off, had dinner, and promptly ran out of steam.

I'll get the Centralia pics off the camera tonight and see about posting them (and my NACFest pics) up...

Why on earth did you wash the mud off of your jeep? :confused1 :confused: :dunno: It's gonna rain sometime this week you lnow.

MrShaft696
June 16th, 2009, 11:41
Why on earth did you wash the mud off of your jeep? :confused1 :confused: :dunno: It's gonna rain sometime this week you lnow.

haha, I did yesterday, because I got to start working on it immediately to have it ready again sucka!!

Mighty.Mighty_XJ
June 18th, 2009, 14:59
I got home Sunday afternoon without issue (well after almost half my diff fluid blew out of 2 holes in the axle tube). No carnage except a bashed tail pipe. I'm real proud of the ol' XJ, went from severe death wobble to a last minute decision to drive the whole trip, to back home in1 piece.

NAC BOD offered up a class act this year for sure. Especially in the choice of camp ground. Excellent place, great people. The barbeque was excellent! I missed the raffle ... :( .

Thanks to all for a fantastic trip, and HUGE thanks to the guys who helped out with my diff fluid changing fiasco. :gee:

Question for Ben ... how can you tell if there's more body damage on the MJ :confused: ? :shhh:

knuckle_buster
June 20th, 2009, 08:28
Bob and I made it back to NoVA around 4PM, depsite the traffic. Had a blast, was great to reconnect with old friends and faces. I'll try to be less of a stranger too since I re-upped with NAXJA :-).

Skorpyo

Should have replied to this sooner, but glad to hear that you and Bob made it home safe. Let Bob know that aside from his sleep walking and moaning very loudly like a zombie - LOL! it was a pleasure having (uncle) bob as our guest, and look forward to having him again next year.

-Todd

Rob Mayercik
June 22nd, 2009, 06:08
I got home Sunday afternoon without issue (well after almost half my diff fluid blew out of 2 holes in the axle tube). No carnage except a bashed tail pipe. I'm real proud of the ol' XJ, went from severe death wobble to a last minute decision to drive the whole trip, to back home in1 piece.

Those wouldn't be the holes the axle shafts go through, would they? If not, what happened?

Question for Ben ... how can you tell if there's more body damage on the MJ :confused: ? :shhh:

I think he counts them before each run...

OverlandZJ
June 25th, 2009, 10:11
Those wouldn't be the holes the axle shafts go through, would they? If not, what happened?

I'd like to know what happened here also. I'm thinking perhaps i overfilled the diff somehow? I put most of what she had in her diff till i felt it through the fill plug.

Update Mighty?

Ricker
June 26th, 2009, 10:13
x2?

Mighty.Mighty_XJ
June 27th, 2009, 05:09
x2?
Sorry guys, I haven't been on in several days ...
The holes are the 2 small holes on top of the axle tube on the driver side. A friend with the same axle told me that there should have been 2 bolts there for a clip that holds the hard brake lines. We did see them there as we filled the diff, but had no idea why they were there. It could be that we did overfill the diff, because when I pulled the plug at Allentown to see how much fluid I needed to replace, the pumpkin still had plenty. But the underside of the XJ from the rear axle back was drowning with stinky fluid by the time I got to Allentown.

Hammered
June 27th, 2009, 05:29
Stinky fluid :)