• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

governor pressure sensor question

90NHXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My wife's 02 Grand Cherokee with the 4.0 liter is having a few issues. Every once in a while (almost daily) when she is cruising along or just trying to get up to speed she will step on the gas and will hardly go anywhere, like it wont downshift or something, and accelerates real slow. One of the trouble codes is "governor pressure sensor volts too high". I know the sensor is in the transmission, and access is by dropping the pan underneath. The garage that read the codes (before I found out about turning the key three times and reading the dash) said they recommend the dealer. I like what little money I have left after marrying to stay in my wallet so I'm avoiding the dealership. Also I don't want to waste time and money on sensors that won't solve the problem. Anyone have experience here or can confirm that the sensor is to blame and replacement will fix. Thanks.

You need to post all of the trouble codes to get a more definite answer.

The Throttle Position Sensor or the Coolant Temperature Sensor would be the first ones to suspect.

Back