• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 to 96 full interior swap including steering column and wiring. HELP!

jeepspeed7

NAXJA Forum User
Hows it goin? My buddy finally got me to get on this amazing website! ive been missin out! But as for my problem i just bought a 89 laredo for 200 bucks but the interior was trashed and it just so happened i had a spotless 96 with a screwed up "frame." The swap is now complete from headliner to carpet and doors and windows but im stuck on one last wiring problem. I know you arent aloud to post up i guess fsm's? but if someone could direct me in the right place it would be amazing so i can finish up the dash! Im looking for some sort of schematic from the 96 key switch or ignition to and a 89 and which wires to connect. I have the key properly functioning with with accessories and everything and starting but i dont quite think my blinkers are right and am lacking to figure out how to turn my brights on? i even have the intermittent wipers figured out! Im so close! Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance! mike

I don't think I'd mess with the steering column, given the fact that the airbag is involved. Just keep and fix what's already there, or replace it with a similar vintage.

With the XJ's all you gotta do is disco the neg battery cable. and remove the air bag

ya no air bag. its a standalone unit. and actually already went off after a not so nice landing after a 60 foot step down :/ i just got to figure out the wiring to blinkers and hi and low beams and im set

Back