• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just got an alignment now tires screeches turning corners

latenights

NAXJA Forum User
1996 xj 166,xxx miles 4.0 ho and stock height:)tear:). So in the hunt of getting rid of my death wobble i replaced a worn out draglink end and also brought it to a mechanic to get an alignment since i have never done one. now that i have it back from the shop when i turn a corner (doesnt even have to be to hard at all) i hear my tires start to screech as if i was making it at 40mph. my tires are starting to get pretty worn down but it never did it before the alignment. it also does it if im turning going over a speed bump (not like a ricer.. this one pizza place by me has a speed bump in the middle of a turn in the parking lot) it screeches too when im going pretty slow over it. i was hoping to have all my steering problems fixed by this weekend but its one thing after another and im running out of money! please help lol.

1996 xj 166,xxx miles 4.0 ho and stock height:)tear:). So in the hunt of getting rid of my death wobble i replaced a worn out draglink end and also brought it to a mechanic to get an alignment since i have never done one. now that i have it back from the shop when i turn a corner (doesnt even have to be to hard at all) i hear my tires start to screech as if i was making it at 40mph. my tires are starting to get pretty worn down but it never did it before the alignment. it also does it if im turning going over a speed bump (not like a ricer.. this one pizza place by me has a speed bump in the middle of a turn in the parking lot) it screeches too when im going pretty slow over it. i was hoping to have all my steering problems fixed by this weekend but its one thing after another and im running out of money! please help lol.
I also have a 96 and we had death wobble and i took it in to get a alignment done and after i noticed that going around corners my tires would screech also and then i noticed that my tires were wearing bad and wearing fast. I took it back to them and the alignment was wrong it was toed out to much which was causing the tires to screech and wear. When it is toed out to much your pretty much just dragging the tires along the road because they are wanting to drive outward and your forcing them forward. Once they corrected the problem it no longer screeches,so this is something you might look into

ya take it back, my drivers side does the same thing, but im too broke/lazy to get it fixed.

what do ricers have to do w/ speed bumps?

I thought ricers WERE speed bumps.....

X2 on take it back-- you've already paid for the alignment, just make 'em do it again.... and again.....
check their work with a tape measure once completed and you'll be sure it's right.

Back