• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunroof

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever put a sunroof in a 97+. Looking to do the pop-up style I have the ribs where it would go don't know if that will be a problem..:smoker:

i didn't put them in, but both of my xj's have them
IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

pop up type and completely removable :D
i love having a vehicle that you can stand on the hood and nothing bad happens :cheers:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's Webasto that made the sunroof assembly.

I have heard they are tough to get a good seal on because of the ribs. I was looking at having one installed in my 88 when I had it and most places I talked to said it would leak.

Blue96xj can you get me a couple pics of what the inside of the xj roof looks like. I dont think the brand I found online would fit sounds to big for the space I have. They say it will fit It was a crlaurance brand made for 91 to 01 xj's.

What year are the xj's and are the sunroofs factory or aftermarket. Do you know what make they are

Did they ever come for the factory with a sunroof? an ex-friend of mine has one in his rig that the PO had installed.

I haven't had one in a Jeep, but I had aftermarket units in two other cars, and yes, they leaked. Check the related threads (bottom of this page), or search for sunroof on here. Yeah, there's more info, but you have to look for it.

Back