• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet Another Homebrew Lift Question

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
First off, I've read about every bastard pack lift thread I can find here and every site that seems relevant from google. I know this has been talked about many many times before. Hasta

I'm planning on using the write up from Rock Lizard Fabrications (http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm).

I scored a set of v8 ZJ coils already and I should be going down to pickup the leaf's this afternoon.

My questions are these:
- I don't trust my fab skills to make the clamps listed in article. Does anyone know a source where I could order them?

- I'm not sure if my current leaf's are a suitable donor for the extra leaf to go into the new packs. Can anyone identify if the main is salvageable from pictures? I'd prefer to not have to buy 2 sets of leaf's right now. I think I read somewhere that from the center of the axle, the measurement should be 17 1/2 inches to the fender.
http://tim.midwestlost.com/gallery/jeep_lift

- I've also read about using Dakota or S-10 leafs. Should I try to get a set of those instead? I'm looking for 1 1/2 to 2 inches of lift (something to get me through until this winter when I plan on ordering a full kit).

Thanks for taking the time to read.

use the mains that you have.

making a bastard pack is a mix and match process. use what ever leaves are available to you, xj/s-10/dakota or any other 2.5" wide spring as long as there not too thick.

if your fab skills are anything like your photo skills, then id buy the clamps also(jk). look in your local phone book for a spring shop in your area.

use the mains that you have.

making a bastard pack is a mix and match process. use what ever leaves are available to you, xj/s-10/dakota or any other 2.5" wide spring as long as there not too thick.

if your fab skills are anything like your photo skills, then id buy the clamps also(jk). look in your local phone book for a spring shop in your area.

Pretty much I'm going to pickup 2 sets of leaf's, so I'll probably go with 2 sets of XJ's to keep the spring rates the same/similar.

As for my photo skills, that was with a cell phone in the pouring rain (thus I didn't want to lay on the wet ground). :twak: :thumbup:

My fab skills arn't horrible. I just live in an apartment and most of my tools (beyond hand tools) are in storage.

go down to autozone or pep boys and get the leaf spring clamps there. (you may have to cut them down a bit so they dont stick into the tires) or Husky spring company online sells them cheap http://www.huskyspring.com/main.taf?cat=160

Thanks for all the help. I'm leaving in about 2 hours to go pick the leaf's. I'm still not totally sure if I should invest in one set or two. Anyone think the main is salvageable as an AAL in the new packs?

Back