• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proline Racks/Bars

Skibum12189

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.prolineracks.com/Proline-safari-roof-racks.html

I'm looking at that roof rack. I will probably be putting my spare and hilift up there. I saw a guy with their light bar and it seemed very nice. I like the idea of this basket because it is not mounted on the rain rails (which i've heard can be overstressed with too much weight/weather/wind/etc.).

Now my question is this, why is this significantly less expensive than any other rack? is it just a much cheaper, crappy, will rust fast rack. All i need it to hold again is a 31" tire on a cragar soft 8 with a hi lift. Anyone have any qualms against this rack. My searches yielded decent reviews other than people saying it got flimsy with the extension, yadda, yadda. Good budget rack? Seems like it to me?

if your looking at holding just the spare 31" and hilift, it seems like a waste of money to buy a roof rack.

to carry the spare, just slide the 2 roof rails so they fit under the spare and geta piece of metal/wood and rod/nut to sandwich the tire to the rack. for the high lift you could figure something out.

no experience with that rack, but as said before, you get what you pay for, although ive heard good things about the coleman roof rack which is inexpensive.

Back