• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New toy

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up an iPod touch and this thing blows me away...it is the same as the new iPhone minus the camera and phone. It has Internet utube and instant weather. I can also check my stocks text via wifi download apps for anything you can think of. Also has podcast excellent graphics for my movies and music videos.

Deffinatly well worth the money spent!!!
Just thought you should know...

-PJ-

My Mom bought one last year, kept telling me she wanted to buy me one for Christmas or a birthday (I'm 34, I don't get many "mommy presents"), and I resisted. I didn't like the idea of iTunes, didn't want an expensive toy getting scratched and broken in my pocket.
She ended up buying the Touch for me just after this last Christmas, and it's been in my pocket nearly every day since. Easily one of the coolest gadgets I've ever owned or tried out. As long as there's an open WiFi connection, you've got nearly limitless access to the internet, music sounds great, shows and movies look great. Lots of fun games, etc... Just wish the battery didn't get sucked down so quick.
I will say this, however - it's getting old toting around my phone AND iTouch. I may end up with an iPhone in the near future, though I'm not sure I want to bite on the increased service cost. But you do have internet access anywhere you've got phone sevice.

My GF bought me an iPhone and I LOVE the thing.

One of the Free apps to get is:

Pitch&Roll Shows you just what it implies: Pitch and Roll of your rig using the built-in accelerometer. (You can calibrate to your mounting orientation too, as well as swap graphics from 4x4 to boat and plane)

I also like Motion X GPS. It's what, $2.99, and turns your iPhone or iTouch into a good GPS. In your case, with the Touch, you can download maps (Both street and Topo with good detail) to work out on the trail... not to mention hook it up to your stereo and pump out the tunes as well.

Eric :wierd:

yeah, I got myself one of the iPhones too. Really like it. Only downer was the cost of the thing. However I've never had a cell phone that was as easy to use and that you didn't need a book (that you can't read anyway) to explain how to use all the functions, etc. I also have an 8gig iPod that I use for walking and listening to the sounds. I don't use the iPhone for that cause the battery runs down too fast then. Also got a car charger for them.

X2 on the battery. I have a car charger that I use when I'm on the go the cool thing with the charger I bought is it has a USB port to charge another Ipod or what have you and it came with the iPod-to-stereo hook up.

-PJ-

iPhones are cool, AT&T sucks though...

I don't have the touch, but I've got a 30gb iPod. Seems to be a rock solid piece of electronics. It's been going strong bouncing around in the gloveboxes of rally Jeeps, and in the JK's when I travel and wheel. Never an issue.

iPhone / iPod / iTouch accessories through the Apple store are SOOO expensive!

I've got an iGo universal car charger. It has interchangable tips so the same charger can be useful for more than 1 device. Every tip out there is $2.99-$9.99... until you get to the iPhone adaptor. Because it's Apple Licensed, it's $16.95.

Check this out: http://store.theiphoneblog.com/

I just picked up 2 car chargers @ $6.95 each, a spare wall charger, again, $6.95, and a new Nite Eyes belt case.

Apple makes a great product. Apple accessories, however, are :passgas:way overpriced. $20 for a USB cable? C'mon!!!

Eric :exclamati

The thing i hate the most about i-anything is the fact that you have to use itunes and that sucks i-balls........i-hate that everything has to be converted using itunes....takes way too looooooooooong but thats just me I-opinion....

also why do the put i in front of everything i-think its i-gay......

-PJ-

Got the wife one and I don't think I could pry it away from her now! We have WiFi and she can surf the web in any room in the house. Almost don't need a second computer.

Back