• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carpeted Floor Mats?

stoneattic

NAXJA Forum User
I've replaced my front mats twice now since the original set in my 98. The main thing I like about the factory oem ones is they have the anchor hole for the hook thats in the carpet itself, keeps the mat from getting pushed up under the pedals. They have gotten a bit pricey. The Lloyds for the price is it for 2 fronts or a complete set of 4.
I also just put new front mats in the TJ from autozone, they cost me $9 for all 4 and are fairly thick.

i have just orderd a set of husky molded floor liners from cableas i dont know of they fit yet they are supposed to be here in the mail today if they fit good they should be awsome! i orderd front and rear set

I use catch-alls. Expensive but honestly they're way better.

Thanks for the responses guys.

RichP, my 95 doesn't have the hook so I don't get that advantage with the OEM ones. I really only need the front ones anyway since the back seat is pretty much always folded forward anyway so I'd just pick up the fronts if I go Lloyds.

gm tech, I'm not really interested in the huskys, looking more for the cushy mats. Hoping for some sound isolation as well. I have a husky mat for the back and think it's a bit slippery. If I were using the XJ in mud I would go husky for sure though, but how i use it, mostly DD and ocassional rocks and trails, the carpeted is more appealing to me.

Lazers, I've only seen pics of the catch-alls. They seem like a cross between the huskys and a carpeted mat. If that true?

I'm pretty sure that hook comes out, you might have the tiny slot it slides into and could add it if you wanted I think. It's not one of those things I look at too often during the 6 or so times I shop vac the interior.

I use heavy duty after market rubber mats. I cant see wheeling without them, I would ruin the carpeted ones every time dragging mud and junk in them. Plus I can just hose them off when I get home.

I'll second the catch alls. They're sturdy and waterproof like husky, and fit the contour of the floor like a glove, but the carpeted face is as dressy as OEM.

Thanks for the responses guys.

RichP, my 95 doesn't have the hook so I don't get that advantage with the OEM ones. I really only need the front ones anyway since the back seat is pretty much always folded forward anyway so I'd just pick up the fronts if I go Lloyds.

gm tech, I'm not really interested in the huskys, looking more for the cushy mats. Hoping for some sound isolation as well. I have a husky mat for the back and think it's a bit slippery. If I were using the XJ in mud I would go husky for sure though, but how i use it, mostly DD and ocassional rocks and trails, the carpeted is more appealing to me.

Lazers, I've only seen pics of the catch-alls. They seem like a cross between the huskys and a carpeted mat. If that true?

Yes. The bottom is rubber and the top part is molded to fit the floor with lips that come up to keep stuff in. To clean them you just pull them out and spray them down with water and let em dry. You can even put the anchor screws into the carpet so it stays in place and doesn't slip forward at all. I highly suggest doing that.

I've got a full set for the front and back and have no regrets. They look better than the factory carpet.

Yes. The bottom is rubber and the top part is molded to fit the floor with lips that come up to keep stuff in. To clean them you just pull them out and spray them down with water and let em dry. You can even put the anchor screws into the carpet so it stays in place and doesn't slip forward at all. I highly suggest doing that.

I've got a full set for the front and back and have no regrets. They look better than the factory carpet.

How thick is the carpet on top? They are sounding like a good option.

Any more info on this topic? Specifics? As in.. who manufactures the "catch-alls" and where to get them? I've never seen them before but am shopping for floor mats as well. my carpet kit is permanently removed so Im looking for something durable for mud and dirt but with a bit of sound proofing and comfort as well for long drives..Ive got the 5 sp. manual so dont want those things getting stuck under my pedals either..anyway kinda of a trivial thread but hey comfort matters..thx

Back