• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Multi-mount Carrier

buffalo

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody use a multi-mount carrier for their winch?
I have bpifab bumpers and they both have 2" recievers.
I would like to know if the winch works as well and if a 8000 winch is large enough for an xj.

I run a multi mount. I really like the versatility of it. the only drawback i see is the multi mount limits your approach angle. But I'm not into rock crawling and i have yet to drag the mount on the ground. And yes an 8000# winch is enough for an XJ in most situations.

I use a warn trans4mer setup, it looks cool IMO. Nobody else has one like it around here, plus it is awesome protection. I use a Ramsey Patriot 8000 and it drags the XJ easily unless I chain the rear hitch to something. I use my winch for work more than Jeeping by the way.

Some regard an 8000# winch perfect for the XJ. Pro's to a winch cradle: rear winching, removal when not in use (for daily driving), lesser blockage to radiator. Cons: Approach angle, unconveinience if stuck in mud and have to hook it up, etc.
That said its what I plan to run with a Warn M8000

i have a Milemarker 9500 electric mounted in a basket, although i think 8000 lbs should be enough

be sure to include 15 feet of welding wire extension cord in the budget.:doh: my set up has aboot 4 feet if wire connected to the spare battery connections - for use in the front - and QD on all ends :wave1:

To wire the rear, use a decent booster cable... plenty long enough and big enough and cheap if you find sales or at pawn shops or something.

Back